Saturday 12 April 2008

The Discovery



It was a typical early Friday morning like any other. At about 8am, my cell phone spewed out a horrible Nintendo-like scream that pulled me back to the lands of the living. I jumped out of bed with enthusiastic pep and walked over to our living room; after all this was game day, much better than the other type of day in my life: work day. I spotted the cats sleeping under some blankets and I patted them on the head to say 'hi'. I then walked over to the computer to turn on the Habs game. It was close to the end of the season and the Habs were fighting for a championship against a divisional foe. As any hockey fan will tell you, an important game to say the least. After a couple of periods of expected Hab-dominance, Moah finally woke up in a daze and walked over for a morning hug. A smile here, a word there, and back to the game I go. A little while later, as third period action began, Moah walked over to me, pulled my headphones from my ears and presented me with one of those little pregnancy sticks that you so often see in romantic comedies. Now, before I continue with this story I think it is imperative that I state the following: ONE, this stick has been presented to me almost every week for the past 8 months, SECOND, it has always been accompanied by the typical: "One line or two lines? One? Two? What do you think? ?This thing is impossible to decipher."
So I took the stick, had a gander, said: "One? Two?...One. Yes, one." then gently gave the pee-stick back and went back to third period action. Moah, on the other hand, was convinced that the invisible second line was obviously popping out and staring us right in the face with the news of a pregnancy. Guess who was right? Never doubt a pregnant woman's intuition; even if there's no second line.

No comments: